TEEI’s Community Advisory Board (CAB) provides invaluable input, support and resources to the program, and helps TEEI stay accountable to a wide range of community perspectives.
CAB member responsibilities include:
- Provide input on TEEI program planning and on CAB meetings, events and projects.
- Act as a Goodwill Ambassador for TEEI in the community.
- Participate in bimonthly CAB meetings throughout the year.
- Participate in mentorship program by mentoring a TEEI job seeker and/or helping TEEI to recruit new mentors.
- Participate in at least one other TEEI project or event per year, depending on the individual’s interest and what the CAB decides to focus on.
TEEI CAB members get:
- An opportunity to give back to your community
- Training in advocacy, leadership, and mentoring
- To be part of a team of established and emerging leaders in the community, working together to support each other, TEEI, and the whole community
We welcome participation from all community members, including allies, who are committed to working for the economic wellbeing of transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. We especially encourage individuals to participate who have expertise in areas of relevance to our work, such as workforce development, employment law and policy, human resources, healthcare, housing, mental health, substance abuse, youth programs, or community organizing, whether through your work or from personal experience.
For more information about the TEEI CAB contact Davey shlasko at email@example.com or 415-782-6268.